Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my application for admission complete?

You can find out by contacting the Admissions Office by emailing or by phone at 435-652-7777.

How do I apply for residency?

Complete the application for residency classification. The application and related paperwork must be submitted by one of the following:

  • Registration/Admissions counter (first floor Holland Centennial Commons)
  • Email:
  • Mail: DSU Residency Officer
    225 S. University Ave.
    St. George, UT 84770

Questions about Dates & Deadlines

Please refer to our Academic Calendar.

Why were my classes dropped?

Your classes may be dropped if: a.) tuition is not paid by the tuition deadline, b.) you do not attend the first class and have not notified your instructor. (Instructors may drop you from the class, but are not required to.) or c.) you do not meet the prerequisite for the class.

Why can’t I get into the class I’m trying to register for?

The most common reasons why students cannot register for classes include:

  • Prerequisites have not been met. Some classes require minimum test scores, preparatory course work, program admission, or instructor permission.  You can review the prerequisites or co-requisites for your classes through the University Catalog (prerequisite coursesplacement requirements).
  • Co-requisite lab or class were not added. (e.g. English 1010 & LIB 1010 must be added at the same time)
  • A registration hold has been placed on the student’s account.  Students may have holds for an outstanding balance, academic standing, or missing directory information, etc.  Contact the Registrar’s Office at 435-652-7708 for more information on account holds.

What are the Testing Center hours?

This information is located at the Testing Center Website

Where can I get a class schedule, catalog?

We no longer print the class schedule or catalog. They are available online at:
Class Schedule
University Catalog

How can I schedule a campus tour?

A tour can be scheduled either by filling out the online form or by calling 435-652-7590.

Can my parents see my grades?

Due to the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), your parents are not entitled to this information unless you give them permission via the Consent to Release Student Information form or they verify that you are a dependent for tax purposes.

How do I apply for a scholarship?

When you apply for admission, you are automatically considered for an academic scholarship based on your high school GPA and ACT (or other) test scores. To apply for talent or non-resident scholarships, please visit the financial aid website.